Guys, can you please share me some sites where we can practice python programs for beginners and Intermediate.

Cousin Stanley HooDunnit at didly42KahZidly.net
Thu Jun 23 12:39:47 EDT 2016

DFS wrote:

> On 6/23/2016 11:11 AM, Cousin Stanley wrote:
>> DFS wrote:
>>
>>> Here's a fun one: scraping data off a website,
>>> and storing it in a SQLite database file.
>>
>>   After testing your example code here I found
>>   that the length of the  categories  list
>>   was 1 less than the  terms  list after applying
>>   dropwords in the  terms  list comprehension ....
>>
>>   The subsequent len comparison then failed
>>   and no data was inserted into the data base ....
>>
>>   As a fix I added an extra category ....
>>
>>     category.append( 'didly' )
>>
>>   Subsequently, data was inserted
>>   with a single extra category
>>   for the  last  term in terms ....
>

> Strange!  After dropwords, the list lengths match
> for me (both are 152).

  Found 153 for terms and 152 for categories,
  so I appended 1 to categories ...

> So in your table, is 'didly' now the category for the last term

> 'Rendering'?  Mine is 'Technical', as it is on the source webpage.

  Last 5 printed from the final loop
  just before the db insert ....

    Passphrase , Technical
    Passcode , Technical
    Touchpad , Hardware
    Rendering , Technical
    Terms of Use , didly

> I usually put list length tests in place,
> not sure what happened here.

  Possibly a copy/paste difference
  on my end ....

--