[tkinter] widget size adjustment

Pierre-Alain Dorange pdorange at pas-de-pub-merci.mac.com
Tue Jun 21 13:24:44 EDT 2016

Rick Johnson <rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry, but your explanation is lacking, and could be
> the reason you have not received help so far.

Yes you're probably right. For my excuse i'm french and if i read
english, i'm not fluent with it for writing...

> I'll attempt
> to guess what the problem is, and then you can refine the
> question if none of these solutions is what you're looking
> for.

Thanks for you effort (and the code)

> (3) Or perhaps you want the canvas content(s) to resize
> dynamically as the canvas expands and contacts?

That is more close to my needs.

A picture is often better than words, here is a scren capture of my apps
before and after resing the main window :
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/722984/pmx-grid.pdf>

It was a map viewer similar to online javascript mapviewer but in a
local apps : with the main central part a canvas widget (with a PIL
image put build and put in).

I would resze the canvas according to the space available when the user
resize the window.
As you can see in the screen capture, when resize, the main map widget
is not resized, only centered.

For this apps i used widgets, assembled with the grid manager, so with
cells (row and line coordinates). I allrady set the grid so that only
the central cell (where the map is deisplayed) will be resize (all other
row and colum do not resize).

I'm a beginner with tkinter, and i could not found a way to get the cell
size (the cell where the canvas widget is put).
I think i can resize the canvas, but i can't find a way to get the
available space after resize.

Perhaps using the grid manager is not the godd idea for that ?

I except it was more understandable.

--
Pierre-Alain Dorange        <http://microwar.sourceforge.net/>

Ce message est sous licence Creative Commons "by-nc-sa-2.0"
        <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/fr/>