best text editor for programming Python on a Mac

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 09:23:15 EDT 2016

On 06/19/2016 01:34 AM, Lawrence D’Oliveiro wrote:
> On Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 7:13:26 PM UTC+12, Christian Gollwitzer wrote:
>
>> Am 19.06.16 um 02:12 schrieb Lawrence D’Oliveiro:
>>
>>> But not vi/vim. It only lets you place your cursor *on* a character,
>>> not *in-between* characters.
>>
>> This is true if you use the text-mode version. I prefer gvim (actually
>> macvim on the mac) which feels much more like a modern editor.
>
> Why not just use a modern editor, and be done with it?

Why would you even suggest this to a vim user?  What's your point?  If
you're not a vim user then you have no idea how vim benefits the person
who is proficient in it and enjoys using it. There are many reasons to
use vim.  Since you're not really interested in these reasons I won't
bother re-stating them here.  I'm sure there are reasons you prefer a
"modern editor" also.

I can argue all day long about how arcane emacs is, and argue how
wodnerful vim is, but I could never in seriousness suggest to an emacs
user that he'd be better off using vim or a "modern editor."  Nor should
you.