best text editor for programming Python on a Mac

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 03:47:59 EDT 2016

On Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 1:04:37 PM UTC+5:30, Lawrence D’Oliveiro wrote:
> On Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 7:13:26 PM UTC+12, Christian Gollwitzer wrote:
>
> > Am 19.06.16 um 02:12 schrieb Lawrence D’Oliveiro:
> >
> >> But not vi/vim. It only lets you place your cursor *on* a character,
> >> not *in-between* characters.
> >
> > This is true if you use the text-mode version. I prefer gvim (actually
> > macvim on the mac) which feels much more like a modern editor.
>
> Why not just use a modern editor, and be done with it?

You say "Use a modern editor"
And you use emacs??
Heh!!

And its not just that emacs is one of the oldest pieces of software in use today
that I am talking of

Its decades of crud that really gets me
eg. What do Control-X/C mean on any App of your choice today?
And what do they mean in emacs?

JFTR I am an emacs user for some 20+ years
Its just that not only do my 20- year old students not tolerate emacs, of late they
stop tolerating me if I use emacs!!

What do they prefer as an editor?  Gawd knows!
Web browser maybe?? More likely a phone...