best text editor for programming Python on a Mac

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Jun 17 22:05:11 EDT 2016

On Sat, 18 Jun 2016 11:50 am, Lawrence D’Oliveiro wrote:

> On Saturday, June 18, 2016 at 12:59:16 PM UTC+12, MRAB wrote:
>
>> Did you specify the encoding as described in the PEP?
>
> Python 3 defaults to UTF-8.

That doesn't mean that upgrading to Python 3 will fix the problem. It *may*,
but since the details of what the precise problem are quite vague, it is
difficult to be sure. We know its an encoding problem, because that's what
the error message tells us, but beyond that, the symptoms reported are
unclear.

--
Steven