What is structured programming (was for/while else doesn't make sense)

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 07:12:52 EDT 2016

Please see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nassi%E2%80%93Shneiderman_diagram

| Nassi–Shneiderman diagrams have no representation for a GOTO statement.

which seems to be what you are saying. But then next para goes on...

| Nassi–Shneiderman diagrams are (almost) isomorphic with
| flowcharts. Everything you can represent with a Nassi–Shneiderman
| diagram you can also represent with a flowchart. For flowcharts
| of programs, almost everything you can represent with a flowchart
| you can also represent with a Nassi–Shneiderman diagram. The
| exceptions are constructs like goto and the C programming
| language break and continue statements for loops.

which is in line with what I am saying, viz that break/continue/goto are same
in the sense of being 'unstructured' and therefore do not fit into a structured
framework like NSDs