Bulk Adding Methods Pythonically

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Wed Jun 15 14:21:57 EDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016, at 13:37, Rob Gaddi wrote:
> I've got a whole lot of methods I want to add to my Channel class, all
> of which following nearly the same form.  The below code works, but
> having to do the for loop outside of the main class definition feels
> kludgey.  Am I missing some cleaner answer?

Inside the class definition you can add things to locals() [it returns
the actual dictionary being used in class preparation], but I don't know
if this can be relied on or is an implementation detail of CPython.
Anyone know?

But anyway, instead of using a loop, why not just define each one on its
own line:

def mkmeasure(fnname, measparam):

class Channel:
   frequency = mkmeasure('frequency', 'FREQ')
   falltime = mkmeasure('falltime', 'FTIM')