for / while else doesn't make sense

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:20:41 EDT 2016

On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 7:21:54 PM UTC+5:30, Random832 wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2016, at 07:19, Rustom Mody wrote:
> > I thought there'd be many examples for showing that break is just goto in
> > disguise... Evidently not
> >
> > So here is an example in more detail for why/how   break=goto:
> >
> > http://blog.languager.org/2016/06/break-is-goto-in-disguise.html
>
> So?
>
> So are loops. So is any "if" statement whose body isn't itself a
> one-line goto. Showing that break can be written as a goto is
> uninteresting because

Where did the question of "break can be written as goto" come from?
Sure all structured constructs have their unstructured counterparts
And that is uninteresting as you say.

Claim is that the damaging propensities of goto are replicable with break.

Well to some extent... the goto can go from anywhere to anywhere within
function scope, whereas the break's target-end is fixed -- the end of the
loop/switch. However the starting end can be anywhere in there and that is
a potential for unstructured damage