is there a big in python 3.5.1 shell?

Listo Amugongo listoamugongo at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 12 11:39:54 EDT 2016

In my attarchment above is a screenshot of my session.
Screenshot describtion:
In my first elif  function (first code block) I deliberately programmed an indention error.i did it purposely to make my point clear and the point is Python 3.5.1 shell* gives a synatax error after I run the elif function.
It does not  matter how correctly you indent your code block.however  this is not the case when I code in Python 3.5.1 which I open using the windows command Line prompt  c:\python.

I’m new to Python and I’m wondering if there’s something I don’t know or doing wrong.Furthermore the Python shell won’t display the continuation line three dots(…).which is also not the case in Python 3.5.1.
Any feedback will be highly regarded.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10