for / while else doesn't make sense

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Fri Jun 10 12:13:09 EDT 2016

Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly at gmail.com>:

> On Jun 10, 2016 6:37 AM, "Marko Rauhamaa" <marko at pacujo.net> wrote:
>> If your display can show 1,500 lines at once, that's your limit. Mine
>> shows 70.
>
> I disagree on that point. For a typical-size display, it's a
> reasonable guideline.

The point I'm making is that if I'm accusing you for writing functions
that are too long (they don't fit on my editor window), you can counter
that they fit perfectly well on yours.

No-one has 1,500-line editor windows, I suppose. However, screen sizes
have been going up and some people prefer to turn their screens into
portrait mode (tried it, made my neck hurt). Years back, I had 24 lines
on the screen. As screen sizes have gone up, I've allowed for longer
functions as well. Now I'm at 70. Of course, most functions tend to be
much shorter.

Marko