I'm wrong or Will we fix the ducks limp?

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Thu Jun 9 03:50:26 EDT 2016

Op 08-06-16 om 19:29 schreef BartC:
> I don't see why we should determine what a /proper/ reference
>> can do, based on what it does in one specific language.
>
> Because there are some things that such references can do that Python
> can't do with its object reference model, not without some difficulty
> or having to write convoluted code.

So? Maybe you have the wrong idea of what a reference is/can do?
A reference is an alias. What you can do with that depends of the
work environment. That you can do different things in an evironment
that has a copy assignment than in an environment where you don't
doesn't make the aliases go away.

--
Antoon Pardon