for / while else doesn't make sense

Lawrence D’Oliveiro lawrencedo99 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 20:34:57 EDT 2016

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 5:27:41 PM UTC+12, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:

> Someone mentioned you had a 500-line function.

In my undergraduate Comp Sci classes, we used to discuss arbitrary rules like limiting functions to n lines. With real-world experience, it soon became clear that such rules were a waste of time. A function should be just as big as it needs to be, no more, no less. The same with a class, or a module. Or whatever other constructs your language may have.