reshape and keep x,y,z ordering

Heli hemla21 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 07:25:54 EDT 2016

Hello,

I have a question regarding reshaping numpy array.

I either have a 1D array that I need to reshape to a 3D array or a 3D array to reshape to a 1d numpy array.

In both of these cases it is assumed that data follows x,y,z ordering.

and I use the following to reshape the numpy array.

new_1d_array=np.reshape(3d.transpose(),(3d_nx*3d_ny*3d_nz,))

new_3d_array=np.reshape(1d,((3d_x,3d_y,3d_z)).transpose())

My question is if there is anyway that reshape would keep x,y,z ordering that would not require transpose? and if there is a better more efficient way to do this?

Thanks alot,