I'm wrong or Will we fix the ducks limp?

Gregory Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Jun 7 01:42:33 EDT 2016

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> Even if you were right that objects must exist at
> a single well-defined location, that is strictly irrelevant. That's
> implementation, not interface.

We're talking about mental models. Sure, you could come up
with some kind of Tardis-like mental model where objects
exist in more than one location at once. But why would
you bother going to such mental contortions? There is a much
more straightforward model that's vastly easier to reason
about, because it aligns with our intuitions, which are
based on the way things behave in the actual universe we
live in.

--
Greg