Is there any way to use the logging module adding nothing to a message

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Sat Jun 4 07:40:37 EDT 2016

I want to use Python to handle the stdout logging that comes from
syncthing.

When you run syncthing it logs to stdout in a fairly standard format
with date, time, ERROR/WARNING/INFO etc. so I don't want to add these.
I just want to be able to write the log to a file with appropriate
rotation etc.

If I do:-

    f = logging.handlers.RotatingFileHandler("/home/chris/tmp/mail.log", 'a', 1000000, 4)
    f.setLevel(logging.DEBUG)
    formatter = logging.Formatter('%(message)s')
    f.setFormatter(formatter)
    log.addHandler(f)

Will I get just the message with no extras added by the logging module?

--
Chris Green
·