Recommendation for Object-Oriented systems to study

Alan Evangelista alanoe at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jun 2 08:15:34 EDT 2016

On 06/02/2016 02:44 AM, Lawrence D’Oliveiro wrote:
> On Monday, May 30, 2016 at 7:17:47 AM UTC+12, Alan Evangelista wrote:
>> - Java forces everything to be implemented in OO model (classes)
> After you have spend a few months battering your head against the rigidity and verbosity of Java,
> you will run back to Python with a sense of relief.

The point was which programming language was better to teach object oriented concepts,
rigidity and verbosity has nothing to do with this. Most of this discussion has leaned towards
other criteria beyond adherence to OO paradigm (eg static typing vs dynamic typing and
personal taste), so I have chosen to not continue it.

For some reason, Java still one of the most used programming languages to teach OO
in universities. In real life projects, people has the freedom to choose whatever they
prefer, though.  =)

Regards,
Alan Evangelista