Why not allow empty code blocks?

Jan Erik Moström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Sun Jul 31 14:58:32 EDT 2016

On 31 Jul 2016, at 19:22, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Aug 2016 12:25 am, Gordon Levi wrote:
>

>> I admire those who use a valid email address on Usenet but it is an
>> open invitation for spammers. I doubt if there is anybody who uses
>> their primary email address.
>

> Spammers have moved on from Usenet.  Those few that haven't are
> indistinguishable from the thousands who harvest email addresses from
> websites, address books, or just randomly generate addresses hoping
> they'll
> be delivered.

I've used my email addresses, including this one, openly for the last 20
years (or so).

The number of spam emails today is just a very small fraction of those I
received in the 90s/00s, with the help of a Spam filtering program on my
machine (SpamSieve in my case) I rarely get any spam at all that I see.
My guess is that the ISPs are way better at filtering away the spam.

= jem