Why not allow empty code blocks?

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Sun Jul 31 11:53:47 EDT 2016

On Mon, 01 Aug 2016 00:25:58 +1000
Gordon Levi <gordon at address.invalid> wrote:
> "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy at Vex.Net> wrote:
> >I don't care if you are using carrier pigeon.  If you send an email
> >address, make it a valid one.
>
> I admire those who use a valid email address on Usenet but it is an
> open invitation for spammers. I doubt if there is anybody who uses
> their primary email address.

I never said that he had to use his primary address, just a valid one.

On the other hand I have no throwaway accounts.  Every address I use is
a primary one.  I have all sorts of methods to block spam.  None of
those methods involves moving my spam problem to someone else.

But what do I know?  I'm just some old fart who grew up being taught
that society works best when you consider the other guy and take
responsibility for your own messes.  Old fashioned ideas I know.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net