Why not allow empty code blocks?

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Sat Jul 30 10:39:37 EDT 2016

On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 11:15:12 +0100
BartC <bc at freeuk.com> wrote:
>> Doesn't it look like there's something missing in the Python? Both
> the 'fi' or 'end', and the possibility of an 'h' statement.
>
> Note the Algol68-style style is more free-format where indents are
> not significant.
>
> Anyway, if you're going to talk about annoying things forced upon you
> by the language, what about:
>
> ":" after "else"
>
> "()" in "def fn():"
>
> "()" in "print (x)" for Python 3
>
> "for i in range(N):" just to repeat a block N times...
>
> That's apart from the obligatory indents which, with an
> 'end'-delimited scheme, are not always necessary.

Has it occurred to you (as it has occurred to some of us) that Python
just isn't your language?

By the way, the last time I replied to you it went to the list but your
address bounced.  Was that a glitch or are you using an invalid address
in a mailing list?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net