SMTP_SSL error in python 2.3

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 14:29:53 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:14 PM, Mushirahmed Shaikh <imushir at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
> I am sending email using smtplib.SMTP_SSL method in python2.3.
> But it gives the error i.e Attribute error for SMTP_SSL.
> Please help me to call SMTP_SSL method in python2.3.
> I dont want to update the python version.

At this point, the only place where you can get any sort of guaranteed
Python 2.3 support is Red Hat. Do you have a Red Hat license? Can you
contact them for assistance? Unless you're running RHEL, I would
*strongly* recommend upgrading to Python 2.7 or 3.5, which are still
well supported by Python.org itself.

ChrisA