Can Python learn from Perl? Perl 5 can now run Perl 6 code

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Thu Jul 28 09:53:31 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016, at 03:21, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> Well, kinda sorta. I'm not really pulling your leg. But Perl has a
> feature that if you tell it to run a file with a hashbang line, it
> will call the given executable to run that file. That's now been
> improved to recognise Perl6 as an external executable, instead of
> trying to run it as Perl 5 code.

Okay... think about that for a minute. Under what circumstances are you
likely to start a file with a hashbang line with a program other than
the one named in the hashbang line? If you said "On MS Windows, when the
file's extension is associated with such a program", you're right.
That's why we have py.exe.