pyinstaller

Larry Martell larry.martell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 21:15:14 EDT 2016

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 8:49 PM, Tom Brown <nextstate at gmail.com> wrote:
> I used pyinstaller quite a bit 3 years ago. I could brush off the cobwebs
> and see if I can help if you have not solved it already.
>
> What is the issue you are having?

If I import the requests module, then when I run the executable I get:

ImportError: No module named 'requests.packages.chardet'

I tried to post to the pyinstaller group, but it said my post had to
be approved by the moderator, and it apparently never was. I have no
idea who the moderator is, so there was no one I could contact about
that. I posted an issue to github
(https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/issues/2060) and some
suggestions were made, but none fixed the problem. I am on RHEL 7.2
with Python 2.7.5, and it's reproducible, just by having a 1 line
script that has "import requests". Thanks for any help you could
provide.