making executables smaller

Carter Temm crtbraille at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 13:22:16 EDT 2016

Hi,
I’m writing a couple different projects at the moment, and when I compile it into a single executable using pyinstaller, it becomes extremely large. I’m guessing this is because of the modules used. Because I’m not that skilled at python, I put stuff like for example, import sys. I imagine the final project could be made smaller by specifying from something import something_else. but the thing is, I don’t know what smaller I could import with these set of modules. Is there a program that could tell me this. Sorry if this question is really basic, but it’d be helpful.