Why not allow empty code blocks?

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 13:11:49 EDT 2016

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 10:32:45 PM UTC+5:30, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 2:54 AM, Rustom Mody wrote:
> > The whole world uses cua keys:
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Common_User_Access
> > [emacs] proudly sticks to what it was doing pre-cua
>
> Sadly, the "whole world" doesn't. Windows itself lacks quite a few of
> the CUA keys (ask a Windows user how to move a window with the
> keyboard, and s/he won't say "Alt-F7"), and some Windows applications
> make this even worse (Adobe Reader egregiously so - you can't even use
> Ctrl-Ins to copy to the clipboard, despite all the rest of Windows
> supporting it).

Ok I was speaking in-a-manner-of-speaking -- in two ways
All means most
Cua means the most common cua-keys — C-x C-c C-v
of which the first two specially are so deeply embedded into emacs as prefixes
for 100s of other functions that its hard to change without significant upheaval

> But hey. MOST of the world uses the CUA keys. And yes, Emacs doesn't.
> For better or for worse, you have to learn Emacs as its own thing.

Yeah…
Just playing around with magit
It the tool of choice in emacs world as a git client
And in all probability the best git client around

So yes emacs is unbeatable and emacs is obsolete
And that’s what makes it so annoying — impossible to find a replacement