Pythons for .Net

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Jul 25 00:28:35 EDT 2016

Yes, I said Pythons plural :-)

For those wanting to use Python on .Net or Mono, there is some good news.

Firstly, the venerable old "Python for .Net" project is still alive, and now
supports up to Python 3.5 on .Net or Mono. PythonNet, as this is known,
integrates the regular CPython interpreter with .Net or Mono.

Secondly, we can also expect that IronPython will have a new lease of life.
Continuing on the work of their predecessor, Jeff Hardy, the IronPython
project now has two tech leads who will carry it forward: Alex Earl and
Benedikt Eggers.

https://thelasttechie.com/2016/07/24/its-back-python-for-net/

IronPython is a reimplementation of Python, written in C# as managed code
for .Net. It doesn't use a GIL, and is sometimes considered a little faster
than CPython, so this is good news for the Python ecosystem.

IronPython:
    http://ironpython.net/

Python for .Net:
    https://github.com/pythonnet/pythonnet