Why not allow empty code blocks?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Jul 24 21:45:12 EDT 2016

BartC <bc at freeuk.com> writes:

> On 25/07/2016 01:40, Gregory Ewing wrote:
> > What's your experience? How often has this caused you trouble, and
> > what proportion is it of all the Python programming you've done?
>
> I've done little Python coding

Then you are not in a position to make the prnouncements about Python's
effect on coding efficiency that you are pronouncing, in this and other
threads.

> I can give some more examples but I'll probably be told that I'm using
> the wrong tools!

You should gain a lot more experience using Python for productive work,
before declaring any effects on productive work inherent to the language
design.

> Which suggest there is a problem

Or that the programming tools of 25 years ago compare poorly to today's
tools.

Even tools that have existed for 25 years have benefited from the
intervening time. No-one uses Emacs *as it was 25 years ago* and expects
to be as proficient as someone using Emacs as it is today.

--
 \            “Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it |
  `\                 correct, not tried it.” —Donald Knuth, 1977-03-29 |