Just starting to learn Python, and encounter a problem

Zagyen Leo zagyen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 09:59:55 EDT 2016

yeah, it may be quite simple to you experts, but hard to me.

In one of exercises from the Tutorial it said: "Write a program that asks the user their name, if they enter your name say "That is a nice name", if they enter "John Cleese" or "Michael Palin", tell them how you feel about them ;), otherwise tell them "You have a nice name."

And i write so:

name = input("Enter your name here: ")
if name == "John Cleese" or "Michael Palin":
    print("Sounds like a gentleman.")
else:
    print("You have a nice name.")

But strangely whatever I type in (e.g. Santa Claus), it always say "Sounds like a gentleman.", not the result I want.