Max size of Python source code and compiled equivalent

Malcolm Greene python at bdurham.com
Thu Jul 21 12:51:04 EDT 2016

We're writing a DSL parser that generates Python code. While the size of
our generated code will be small (< 32K), I wanted to re-assure the rest
of our team that there are no reasonable code size boundaries that we
need to be concerned about. I've searched for Python documentation that
covers max Python source (*.py) and compiled file (*.pyc) sizes without
success. Any tips on where to look for this information?

Background: Python 3.5.1 on Linux.

Thank you,
Malcolm