Ide or code editor confusion

Jussi Piitulainen jussi.piitulainen at helsinki.fi
Thu Jul 21 10:31:49 EDT 2016

sigmaphine1914 at gmail.com writes:

> I'm learning Python and something is really unclear on the chapter im
> on.
>
> So Python has its own IDE to write code but now it's talking about
> "code editors"
>
> My confusion is so I need a code editor like Sublime text? Is that
> what Python IDE is for?

You need a code editor that you are comfortable with. If you are already
comfortable with this IDE thing that you talk about, you can use it as
your code editor.

You can also use some other editor. If you like. If you are curious.
Even one that doesn't know about Python (but those who claim to edit
code by moving magnets over the hard disk are only joking. That's not
done).