Ide or code editor confusion

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 10:07:17 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 11:56 PM,  <sigmaphine1914 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm learning Python and something is really unclear on the chapter im on.
>
> So Python has its own IDE to write code but now it's talking about "code editors"
>
> My confusion is so I need a code editor like Sublime text? Is that what Python IDE is for?

You can use any text editor to write your Python code. If you're using
nothing except Python, IDLE is excellent, but if you work with several
different languages, you may prefer Sublime, or Atom, or SciTE, or GNU
Nano, or something else. You can pick up pretty much any text editor
(not a word processor, and not Windows Notepad, but virtually anything
else will do) and use that to work on your code.

Without knowing what chapter of what book you're reading, I can't
advise any further.

ChrisA