Python packages listed in PyPI

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jul 21 02:38:18 EDT 2016

(Please don't top-post; instead, interleave your responses and trim
material you're not responding to.)

Rayne via Python-list <python-list at python.org> writes:

> Thanks! One more question: Does "pip install" require Internet to
> work?

Yes, ‘pip’ resolves the dependencies, download the files, and installs
them.

> Or are all implementations already contained in the packages and so do
> not require additional downloads?

I don't understand what difference you intend between “implementations”
and “packages”.

--
 \        “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “Wuh, I think |
  `\       so, Brain, but burlap chafes me so.” —_Pinky and The Brain_ |