What exactly is "exact" (was Clean Singleton Docstrings)

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Tue Jul 19 18:17:09 EDT 2016

Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net>:

> On Tuesday 19 July 2016 13:46:37 Lawrence D’Oliveiro wrote:
>> What is this “watt” of which you speak?
>
> A unit of electrical power, simplified to 1 volt at 1 amp = 1 watt
> when that currant is passed thru a 1 ohm resistor. But since the
> majority of radio frequency stuff is designed for a characteristic
> impedance of 50 ohms, then the currant is 20 milliamps while the
> voltage rises to 50 volts.

Where I live, it is mandatory for stores to display not only prices but
also prices per unit. Unfortunately, the "unit" for batteries is a
piece. Thus, it is not possible to make price comparisons between
different battery brands.

I'd love it if batteries were priced per joule, or even per
kilowatt-hour.

According to <URL: http://www.allaboutbatteries.com/Energy-tables.html>,
an alkaline AA battery holds 0.00260 kWh. Amazon is selling the Duracell
brand at USD 18.38/34-pack, or at about USD 200/kWh.

Marko