COM Server - COMTYPES / PYTHONCOM

Kasper Jepsen rapzak at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 11:05:25 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I have some major problems with something i am not good at :(

I have come to a situation where i have to add a COM server in my python code the get access to it from Labview Teststand.

Firs i have tried with pythoncom/wincom and got it almost working, it registered and i could look it up in the windows COM data list.
But this combination do not register coclasses:
Coclasses are not registered (that is, RegisterTypeLib does not write any values to the CLSID key of the coclass).
http://docs.activestate.com/activepython/2.6/pywin32/pythoncom__RegisterTypeLib_meth.html

IDL File:
http://pastebin.com/WGCMmzHv

And here the code:
http://pastebin.com/44t45tPj

my reference: https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/deps/python_26/+/cd4a3da8f0f0806bec98a40d80484f2362908250/Lib/site-packages/win32com/test/pippo_server.py

Then i started by using COMTYPES, but this do not at all register into the COM catalog on windows - both solutions i can connect to from another python.

here is my code - IDL is the same.
http://pastebin.com/ke5V5ZbY

How do i continue so i can use this server from Teststand or any other windows program??

I really hope some can give me an example or help me in what is wrong - i think it is quite close...

Thank you