Python code change

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sun Jul 17 15:37:04 EDT 2016

On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 05:00 am, tsanchez117.ts at gmail.com wrote:

> Im trying to run a Python application but im stuck on a problem. The
> application requires a log in and password to run the application. The
> only problem that I'm having is that the code was written to connect to a
> data base and from there it sees the username and password that is linked
> to the data base. The file application was in .pyc, I already uncompyled
> to py.  I was wondering if there is any way that I can change the code to
> where the log in and username are in the code and not in the database with
> the same outcome of course. I can send you the code if that'll be helpful?
> Thank you.

No. If the database requires a username and password, it requires a username
and password. You can't get around that by editing the Python file.

If you can gain access to the database, you might be able to remove the
password from it so that there is no need for authentication, but first you
have to get access to the database.

--
Steven
enough, things got worse.