SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character

ldompeling at casema.nl ldompeling at casema.nl
Sun Jul 17 05:19:19 EDT 2016

I copy this script from the magpi but when I run this script I get this error:
SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\xe2' in file sound.py on line 32, but no encoding declared; see http://python.org/dev/peps/pep-0263/ for details

Below is the eamplescript. What is wrong with this script.

# You need to import the pyaudio module
import pyaudio
# First, we will listen
# We need to set some parameters
# Buffer chunk size in bytes
CHUNK = 1024
# The audio format
FORMAT = pyaudio.paInt16
# The number of channels to record on
CHANNELS = 2
# The sample rate, 44.1KHz
RATE = 44100
# The number of seconds to record for
RECORD_SECS = 5
# Next, we create a PyAudio object
p = pyaudio.PyAudio()
# We need a stream to record from
stream = p.open(format=FORMAT, channels=CHANNELS,
    rate=RATE, input=TRUE, frames_per_buffer=CHUNK)
# We can now record into a temporary buffer
frames = []
for i in range(0, int(RATE / CHUNK * RECORD_SECS)):
    data = stream.read(CHUNK)
    frames.append(data)
# We can now shut everything down
stream.stop_stream()
stream.close()
p.terminate()
# If we want to play a wave file, we will need the wave module
import wave
# We can open it, give a filename
wf = wave.open(“test.wav”, “rb”)
# We need a new PyAudio object
p = pyaudio.PyAudio()
# We will open a stream, using the settings from the wave file
stream = p.open(format=p.get_format_from_width(wf.getsampwidth()),
    channels=wf.getnchannels(), rate=wf.getframerate(),
    output=True)
# We can now read from the file and play it out
data = wf.readframes(CHUNK)
while data != ‘’:
    stream.write(data)
    data = wf.readframes(CHUNK)
# Don’t forget to shut everything down again
stream.stop_stream()
stream.close()
p.terminate()