PEP Request: Advanced Data Structures

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Sat Jul 16 19:36:43 EDT 2016

shrey.desai at gmail.com writes:
> As a computer science undergraduate student, I don't want to spend
> time writing the module but instead I want to work with it, play
> around with it, and do problems with it.

For educational purposes, I think writing the module yourself is part of
the idea.  Also, Python isn't really the right language for that.  Most
things in Python are done with Python lists (elastic vectors),
deques/queues, or dictionaries.  That's almost always sufficient in
practice.  I've occasionally wanted an AVL tree for shared dictionaries
but that's about it.

The C++ standard template library (STL) and Boost have most of what you
want, at a lower level than Python.  Or if you really want to be
hardcore, implement everything yourself in assembler.