PEP Request: Advanced Data Structures

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 18:19:42 EDT 2016

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 8:14 AM,  <shrey.desai at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have found it slightly frustrating that Python does not have built-in support for advanced data structures (Linked Lists, Stacks/Queues, BST) in its distribution. Many computer science students, developers, and software engineers rely on these data structures; having the data structures be a part of the distribution and be maintained by the Python community would be immensely useful.

Why do you need a linked list? That's an implementation detail; why
not simply use a regular list?

Not trolling, genuinely asking. Is there something that you
specifically need those exact structures for?

Also: You may find what you want on PyPI. There's no need for them to
be in the core language if they can be published as third-party
modules.

ChrisA