Were is a great place to Share your finished projects?

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Thu Jul 14 20:39:05 EDT 2016

On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 09:04 am, Lawrence D’Oliveiro wrote:

> On Friday, July 15, 2016 at 7:04:14 AM UTC+12, hasan... at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> ... I see nothing git offers over mercurial.
>
> Except greater productivity.

That has not been even close to my experience. And I don't mean my
*personal* experience.

About seven years ago, the senior technical manager at my work chose hg over
git. When he left to go to greener pastures, the dev team took about 30
seconds to to reverse his decision and migrate to git, after which the
level of VCS-related screw-ups and queries went through the roof.

To give you an idea of how screwed up things are, even though I'm not one of
the developer team, and have never pushed a thing into the code
repositories (I have pushed into documentation repos), somehow according
to "git blame" I'm responsible for a bunch of code.

(If I'd been paid for this code I didn't write, I wouldn't mind so much...)

--
Steven
enough, things got worse.