Don't understand why I'm getting this error

Carter Temm crtbraille at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 13:35:23 EDT 2016

Hi all.
I've been looking at this for a bit, and can't seem to come to a possible conclusion on what could be happening to get an error. Anyway, here is the code, then I'll explain.

http://pastebin.com/raw/YPiTfWbG

the issue comes when using argv. But when I change

TIME = argv

TIME = 2

It does exactly what I intended, no issues. What's wrong? Thanks for any help.

Also, The error I get when trying to run is: Traceback (most recent call last): File "sound_recorder.py", line 21, in <module> for i in range(0, int(RATE / CHUNK * TIME)): OverflowError: range() result has too many items‬