Touch screen development in Python

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 17:50:04 EDT 2016

On 07/13/2016 01:33 PM, Jahn wrote:
> I would like to learn more how to write python based touch application
> for embedded system but  I do not know what conditions a touch screen must have so that it
> will response to touch.
> Does anyone know?

These days GUI toolkits such as GTK+ or Qt provide convenient methods
for interacting with touch displays including touch, dragging, gestures
(pinch to zoom), multi-touch, etc.

In its simplest form GUIs on touch screens are identical to GUIs with a
mouse.  Normal button widgets work great with fingers for example.  Even
slider adjusters work pretty much the same with a finger and with the
mouse.

More complicated things like pinch to zoom and multi-touch require a bit
more help from the toolkit.

As Deitmar said, you will have to get a lot more specific in your questions.