pocketsphinx no module named pocketsphinx found

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Tue Jul 12 04:31:54 EDT 2016

ldompeling at casema.nl wrote:

> I try to run an example python file for pocketsphinx but I get this error:
>
> File "continuous_test.py", line 5, in <module>
>     from pocketsphinx.pocketsphinx import *
> ImportError: No module named pocketsphinx
>
> Does somebody knows how to repair this.

Did you install pocketsphinx successfully?

If not, well, it should be obvious that you cannot import a package that is
not installed. The pypi page lists the requirements:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pocketsphinx

Make sure that those for your system are fulfilled and then retry the
install.

If yes, did you create a module called pocketsphinx.py to try out the
library? Then rename your own module and remove the corresponding
pocketsphinx.pyc.