Pylint 1.6.0 released

Claudiu Popa pcmanticore at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 14:55:20 EDT 2016

Hi folks,

I am joyful to announce the release of Pylint 1.6.0.
This is the next minor release in the 1.X branch and
most probably the last one, since we are preparing
the taking off of Pylint 2.0.

This release has a couple of small improvements,
bug fixes and new checks, comparing to the last one.
You can find more about was changed in this release here:

https://docs.pylint.org/en/1.6.0/whatsnew/1.6.html
https://docs.pylint.org/en/1.6.0/whatsnew/changelog.html#what-s-new-in-pylint-1-6-0

As usual, don't hesitate to report any new bugs you
might encounter with this release. We are also
looking for new contributors, so if you feel like
taking a stab at a bug or a feature you would like
in pylint, open up an issue and let's talk!
We are also planning to do releases more often from
now on and you can see what we are planning for the
next releases here: https://github.com/PyCQA/pylint/milestones

Thank you and enjoy,
Claudiu Popa