Spot the bug: getoptquestion.py

Oscar jornws0718 at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 7 08:29:31 EDT 2016

In article <mailman.128.1467893565.2295.python-list at python.org>,
Chris Angelico  <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
>Yes, it's a third-party dependency. (Sorry, should have mentioned
>that.) You're welcome to consider that to be too much risk and/or
>hassle to be worth improving on getopt, but personally, I *really*
>like the simplicity of just writing docstrings that still read
>perfectly well as docstrings, and having them create my argparse
>configs for me. Different strokes for different horses, or something
>like that.

Well, parsing the arguments was not really the problem in my case. But
after parsing I had to look at valid combinations and show helpfull
messages if required information is missing or conflicting options were
given. I doubt if an extra abstraction layer would have helped me.

It did make my typo a bit hard to catch, though...
--
[J|O|R] <- .signature.gz