subprocess startup error

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Jul 2 15:29:11 EDT 2016

On 7/1/2016 11:43 PM, Veek. M wrote:
> Shweta Dinnimani wrote:
>
>> hi
>>
>> hello, I'm begineer to python programming.. I had installed python
>> 3.5.1 version on my windows 7 system. I was fine earlier and now when
>> i was trying the programs on string i'm facing the subprocess startup
>> error. IDLE is not connecting. And python shell is also not opening. I
>> tried uninstalling and installing the python shell but Im facing the
>> problem.Please do help me

In my answer to
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37997715/idles-subprocess-didnt-make-a-connection-either-idle-cant-start-or-personal/38001829#38001829
I list all the possible reasons I know of.

A file of yours with the same name as a stdlib file is at least as
common reason as antivirus/firewall software.

> You need to post/screen-capture the whole error message/traceback.

If you start IDLE from Command Prompt with 'python -m idlelib', you
might get more information.

--
Terry Jan Reedy