[ANN] pygcgen (github changelog generator)

topic2k at googlemail.com topic2k at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 1 12:50:38 EDT 2016

Hello,

maybe you know "GitHub Changelog Generator" (https://github.com/skywinder/github-changelog-generator).

As i came across it, i liked to try it, but wasn't able to get it running. The script is written in Ruby. As i don't know Ruby, i had the idea to convert it to Python. After a few days of trial and error, learning a bit of Ruby and debugging, i finally had a working version: https://github.com/topic2k/pygcgen . Now i wanna ask you, if you would like to try pygcgen (as i called my version) and give me some feedback. I already tried some options, but the more people test it, the better can get it. :)

Currently it's only written to be compatible with Python 2.7. Any help in making it compatible with 2.7 and 3.5 would be appreciated.