psss...I want to move from Perl to Python

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 22:43:28 EST 2016

On Monday, February 1, 2016 at 8:45:38 AM UTC+5:30, Chris Angelico wrote:
> There are a lot of people here who post good content but phrase things
> poorly. And everyone has a bad day. (Terry Reedy, I'm hoping this was
> just a bad day - there were several rather caustic posts from you.
> Sorry to single you out, but I can't think of anyone else recently
> who's done that.) So long as there's something useful being said, the
> community would be worse off for their removal.

Good -- we're agreed on that much

> That said, though, I would GREATLY prefer Rick to post less
> provocatively. But I'm not calling for his banning any more than I'd
> call for Terry's, or my own, for that matter (I've posted plenty of
> off-topic or otherwise useless posts).

Yes: Just to be clear I am not asking for Rick to be banned though he needs to
be told more often than others to stop assholing.

Likewise jmf: Old-timers out here know anyway to ignore his unicode-complaints.  And newcomers --eg this thread -- need to be told anyway.

So why ban?