psss...I want to move from Perl to Python

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 21:08:35 EST 2016

On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 11:15:50 PM UTC+5:30, Paul Rubin wrote:
> Rustom Mody  writes:
> > I would guess it needs more recoding than explicit compilation!
> > Maybe something like http://www.colm.net/open-source/ragel/
> > Unfortunately no python binding so far :-(
>
> Neat, that looks kind of like lex/flex but with more backends.

Its much more than that. It freely allows mixing of the re and dfa paradigms.
Of course its a classic commonplace in CS that these two are isomorphic.
However structurally they are very different
Of course lex has a state management component as well -- I guess you can think
of ragel to lex in this respect as hll to assembly.

Also I believe its more efficient than lex