Cannot step through asynchronous iterator manually

Kevin Conway kevinjacobconway at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 08:18:11 EST 2016

> Any particular reason not to use the classic sentinel object model?

None that I can remember. I would use the sentinel pattern if I were
writing it again today.

> Also curious is that you raise a new StopAsyncIteration from the original
one, rather than just reraising the original. I assume there's a reason for
that, but it doesn't have a comment.

I think I was just playing around with the new syntax.

I also just noticed that there is an inconsistent use of the terms iterator
and iterable in the docstring and variable names. The function looks much
improved after updates: https://bpaste.net/show/14292d2b4070. Thanks for
calling that out.

Note to self: Review old code before copy/pasta into the mail list.