Cannot step through asynchronous iterator manually

Kevin Conway kevinjacobconway at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 07:35:13 EST 2016

To address the original question, I don't believe a next() equivalent for
async iterables has been added to the standard library yet. Here's an
implementation from one of my projects that I use to manually get the next
value: https://bpaste.net/show/e4bd209fc067. It exposes the same interface
as the synchronous next(). Usage:

    await anext(some_async_iterator)

Ultimately, it's a fancy wrapper around the original snippet of 'await
iterator.__anext__()'.