psss...I want to move from Perl to Python

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 23:04:50 EST 2016

On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 3:01:09 AM UTC+5:30, Rick Johnson wrote:
> On Friday, January 29, 2016 at 6:21:21 AM UTC-6, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
> > I nearly gave up with Python at the very beginning before
> > I realised that OO-programming is optional in Python! :-)
> > Most tutorials I found so far makes OO mandatory.
>
> Just more evidence that old dogs are incapable of learning
> new tricks. Either learn how to wield Neuroplasticity to
> your advantage, or go curl up into a ball and wait for death
> to come.

Regarding neuroplasticity especially in programming you may find this useful:

http://blog.languager.org/2016/01/primacy.html

> People who are unwilling to "expanding their intellectual horizons" make me sick!!!

Yes!

And as functional programming becomes more mainstream, OO-fanboys
may need some urgent graft of plastic, see:

http://blog.languager.org/2015/06/functional-programming-moving-target.html